live, love, laugh. Just the way I like it.
What, Brazilian Wax? Another cherry popped!
Just like the rest of the girls, I've always wondered what Brazilian wax would be like.
Should there be a shape or no shape? Is it painful and embarrassing?
So I'm going to share my experience while it's still fresh in my mind.
is a new brow and waxing destination
for a great pampering session.
Located in the heart of Bangsar, they offer services such as manicure/pedicure, waxing, and brow shaping. Noticed I used the word destination?
That's because Apronbay is a beauty boutique with an Air Travel concept.
Think airplane, think flying, think air stewardess, and different cities.
I was impressed that each cabin has a different look and feel. According to the boutique assistant, the various settings aim to provide a form of escapism. Went on a private tour before I finally decided, it was time to try waxing. It was my first time, never try never know =)
This is where all the action happens.
Most waxing take place in a private room.
1) You will first be asked to remove your bottoms and underwear. Left alone of course! The beautician will then give you an antiseptic cleansing wipe to clean your private part.
You'll be provided a towel, so it isn't all bare.
2) You will then lie on the table/bed once you're ready. It feels much better once you get over the embarrassing part of baring yourself to a total stranger. It'd help to talk to your beautician before you proceed. Tell her your skin condition (dry/sensitive/etc) before she prepares the wax.
Found out that it would hurt less if the hair length is about 5mm-10mm. Don't leave it for too long or she will need to trim it for you =P
3) A professional beautician will test the temperature of the wax before she proceeds.
Before applying the wax, she will first apply powder to keep wax from sticking to the skin. Using a wooden stick (like those ice cream sticks but bigger), she will then stick it into a pot of wax before applying it onto your skin, part by part.
There are two kinds of wax: hard wax and soft wax (using cloth strips). I opted for the hard wax, which is less painful and hair is usually pulled out once wax has cooled without using cloth strips.
4) Waxing is done from the front to the back. If it's too painful, she will usually stop at bikini waxing
and if you have a high pain threshold like me, you can try Brazilian waxing --everything off! It is usually more painful at the labia area.
5) Each time the dried wax is pulled, she will clean your skin with antiseptic to soothe the open pores.
To avoid ingrown hair
, you will need to exfoliate and moisturize your skin to avoid redness and bumps.
Once waxing is done, the beautician may trim or tweeze stray hairs (hurt like a bitch!) They may also create weird funky patterns, if you're into stars, hearts and what not -___-"
I'd be lying if I say it doesn't hurt a bit. What the owner told me was, "It is actually less painful than the pain you anticipate". So yeah.
If you're thinking of doing it, it's worth the try. Perhaps you'd like to go back to the same beautician so you don't have to strip bare all to another stranger.
My first experience was a great one, in fact the first thing I said to them when I got out of the room was, "I think I just became a woman". Wtf. It was painful but bearable.
Hahaha hope this helps!
For those of you who are thinking of waxing, TRY! =)
6-1, 1st Floor, Jalan Telawi 4, Bangsar Baru, 59100, Kuala Lumpur.