live, love, laugh. Just the way I like it.
At the moment I'm jaded *cues Aerosmith*
There comes a time when you have had enough of the bad and negative. You choose to shut off and ignore the world. Put on your headphones, pretend that you're living in a world of your own. A happy world of your own. That's how I'm feeling at the moment.
People who know me describe me as a strong person. Frankly speaking, strength is my only hope when I hit rock bottom. My favourite saying goes like this, "When you hit rock bottom, the only way to go is up."
If hope leads you nowhere, what else to do but be strong? Strong. Tough. Sometimes to a fault. I kind of believe in horoscopes and what it says about a person. As a Leo, I'm born light hearted, optimistic and headstrong. It might not be a good thing at times because when you're light hearted and forgetful, it gets you into deep shit. When you're optimistic, you always try to come back on top like nothing can stop you.
So how to be strong, you ask? From my humble opinion.
1. Think happy thoughts. Be positive, tell yourself it is not the end of the world even if your world crumbles, you can rebuilt version 2.0
2. Depending on the circumstances on why you are feeling down. Think about why certain things are happening and tell yourself that everything happens for a reason. And it may be a good thing. You might not see it now, but you will eventually.
3. Occupy your time with things that will make you happy. Exercise, play games, spend time with people who care about you. This time it is all about YOU and loving YOURSELF. Stop the whole giving and caring for others for one moment, be selfish and think about what makes YOU happy today. And do it.
4. Reading happy articles, quotes and watching funny videos help me. They just do.
5. Ironically, anything that gives me hope generally helps me to be stronger. Think about what other hardship and problems people around the world are facing. And you'll find that you're not alone.
6. Remember if you are sad, there is someone sadder. And if you're weak, there's someone weaker. So be the stronger one.
They say your mind is the most powerful. So tell yourself you will be strong, and you will be.
All of the above are stemmed from my personal experiences having gone through some pretty shitty times over again. Kthxbai.